Who We Are
Because of a dream with a child asking for help, Earth Angels was created in September 1995. Jorge Wood knew he was meant to be the person responsible for doing something special for children with life threatening illness, as well as enhance the lives of their families.
Earth Angels is an all-volunteer, multi-generational grassroots 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Earth Angels is dedicated to:
- Providing programs and an environment where children with life threatening illnesses and their families can experience compassion, caring, unconditional love, a shoulder to lean on, a person to listen to and someone to share laughter with. We want to help them create joyous memories to last a lifetime.
- Create a future wave of compassionate helpers through our multigenerational group of volunteers that have learned a great deal about life from interacting with children of life threatening illnesses and their families at various Earth Angels events.
- See the results of our hands-on, real time programs immediately in the smiles and hugs and thank you’s we receive from the parents and their children. The gratitude makes the volunteers realize something so small can have such a great impact for people facing life threatening illnesses. For us it’s a two way street, they benefit and so do we.
- Pride ourselves in making the best out of every situation and try to put smiles on every child and family with each and every one of our events. Sometimes our families are not so fortunate and it’s emotional support that we must provide. We pray with families in need and try to provide comfort for those going through hard moments. It’s painful to watch families’ grieve and mourn their loss. Everyone is joined together and we support one another.
- Become more than what we ever imagined and we would not change a moment that each of us has experienced. With the support of all our friends, families and volunteers, we hope to provide more happy and joyous memories to children with life threatening illnesses and their families!
Our mission is to make a difference for children with life threatening illnesses & their families, by providing programs and an environment where they can experience compassion, caring, unconditional love and laughter. With our programs and events, they are able to forget what they are going through in their daily lives, as we help them create joyous memories.